Digital Communications Manager
Salary: £27,000 p/a
Hours 37.5 hours per week.
Bristol, with option for remote working.
Duration: 1 year fixed-term initially
Transform is committed to diversity, inclusion and equality in all its work. We welcome and encourage people with Black, Asian and other minority ethnic backgrounds to apply for this post.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative individual to transform our digital outputs and help expand our influence. This is an opportunity to support real change on a vital social issue. You will help us shape the future of drug policy by ensuring our digital communications are powerful, original and able to reach new audiences.
The successful candidate will work with colleagues across Transform to develop content, increase mobilisation and ensure our message is heard. You will lead on developing our digital strategy to maximise engagement among supporters, influencers and donors. You will design and deliver multi-platform content aimed at a wide range of audiences. You will also support our news media activities, developing media contact lists and supporting the creation of eye-catching press materials.
In this job, you will:
Develop and deliver digital media content across platforms
- Create and refine digital content for different platforms and audiences
- Ensure social media content is delivered on, and optimised for, a wide range of channels
- Create durable multimedia outputs, including infographics and video
- Oversee content scheduling and workflows
- Monitor engagement and produce recommendations based on analytics
Lead on digital mobilisation
- Oversee our lead generation activities (including Google Ads, Facebook adverts etc.) to increase supporter and donor engagement
- Support the development of social media campaigns that achieve strong conversion rates
- Identify and approach possible influencers
- Supporting colleagues in navigating social media trends and developments
Support the delivery of news media content
- Assist in the preparation of press releases and associated content
- Manage and maintain media contact lists
- Contact journalists to pitch stories or releases
Manage websites and social media feeds
- Oversee website maintenance and uploading of new content
- Support effective SEO
- Carry out regular, informative reviews based on analytics with recommendations
- Use digital insights and data to help shape campaigns and report on the success of digital and tactics in our campaign activity
- Ensure logos, images, information etc. are updated across social media platforms
- Use your media knowledge to support the effective development of campaigns
- Work with colleagues to support brand synergy across campaigns
- Support the development and implementation of effective messages and framing on drug policy change
- Oversee the design and delivery of digital campaign materials
- Support the creation of attractive merchandise
Skills, experience and approach to work
- Experience creating quality digital content across a number of platforms
- Knowledge of digital design packages, including for infographics and video
- Experience in monitoring social media and website engagement using analytics
- Ability to work with CMS programmes and / or HTML independently
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and understanding of different opportunities they present
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Well-organised, proactive and self-motivated
- Collaborative and creative approach to challenges
- Ability to navigate a complex social issue that cuts across political divides
- Development of digital marketing or advocacy campaigns, and / or lead generation strategies
- Experience developing SEO for websites and monitoring outcomes
- Experience working with external agencies or third parties to deliver outputs
- Degree (2:1) or above in a relevant digital, marketing or communications-oriented subject
To apply for this post, please send us:
- Your CV (max two sides)
- A short statement (max 500 words) describing your relevant experience
- A link to a one-minute video explaining why you want the job. This may be on any accessible platform, or as a Dropbox or other filesharing link.
You may provide voiceover for the video, but not appear in the video yourself. We are looking for persuasive and creative responses that do not rely on speaking to camera.
Your CV and personal statement should be merged into a single PDF file. The filename should be ‘DMM [your surname] CV.pdf’
The filename for your video should be ‘DMM [your surname] video’
Application materials should be sent to email@example.com and marked ‘DMM application’ in the subject line.
To help us better understand the reach of our work, please also complete and submit our equality and diversity monitoring form. Completed forms will be treated in confidence and used only for monitoring purposes. Submission of this form is not compulsory.
You can download a printable version of this Job Description here.